Register now for the open symposium on 16 November 2016Read more & Register here!
The CatchBio Energy Cluster focuses on new routes to catalytically convert biomass sources to bio-fuel components.
The CatchBio Bulk Chemicals Cluster is structured around the concept of existing and future bio-refineries.
The Fine Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Cluster aims to develop fast and stable catalysts.
The socio-economic cluster focusses on life cycle analyses and improving the dialogue between science and society.
Challenge and approach
CatchBio has initiated an ambitious research program of 8 years in the field of catalytic biomass conversion. Its aim is to process the various components present in biomass (cellulose, hemi-cellulose, lignin, proteins and oils) in useful fuels, chemicals and pharmaceuticals. Also the socio-economical and ethical aspects of the different generated technological options will be investigated. read more..
- 10 October 2016 - Ben Feringa awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry!
- 31 August 2016 - Save the date: 16 November CatchBio celebrates!
- 31 August 2016 - The balance sheet of CatchBio: “Collaboration has brought us a lot”
- 31 August 2016 - CatchBio Research Results: thesis Sébastien Perdriau and Tobias Müller
- 31 August 2016 - CatchBio 4th phase initiated